There isn’t much you can do about the distance between your business and the user. But to attract the users who are close enough, there’s everything in your power to help your site appear higher in search.
Strengthen your ranking positions as you normally would with SEO:
- Create high-quality content related to your niche.
- Use keywords that include your location.
- Optimize your site for mobile devices.
- Build links from reputable sources.
Optimize for the local search algorithm, as well:
- Use text, images, and videos in your content that are strongly associated with your location.
- Create listings on business directories and Google My Business.
- Include NAP (name, address, phone number) citations in those listings and on your own site.
- Gain positive reviews and testimonials from your customers.
- Leverage structured data on your site’s pages.